Monday, December 29, 2014

Consistency...

... When it comes to journals and such, I am terrible at it.  Much easier to stay busy actually living life than writing about it.  But then, this leaves precious little time for reflection - something I feel I need to spend more time on.  Writing can be very good for that.

I still live very much on a Western Calendar, though I am trying to slowly change that over time.  Alongside that, the larger portion of my family identify as Christian, regardless of actuality of belief, and so gather together for Christmas every year.  My Mother's family is quite large, so exchange of gifts usually requires some creativity.  Between this and my plans to pilgrimage to the South Florida Hindu Temple once again and focusing increasingly on preparations, I have started several posts, the beginnings of reflections, but finished none.  Amusingly, one I tried to finish by the end of October before time finally got away from me.  Some things just will not be rushed.

So, as I refocus again after returning from the trip and family reunion, I will try and finish those entries, and perhaps to be a bit more consistent in finishing entries.  In the meantime, regardless of what one might celebrate, if anyone celebrated something within the last few weeks or in the coming week, I hope it was/will be great.

More soon.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Living in this christian country means our days off are pre-ordained by their culture. This year we celebrated the 21st for Mithras...and this kept us celebrating during those few days we have off while keeping it Hindu. We did have a tree...done very simply with wooden ornaments. The children didn't seem to mind the change at all! I think they were happier. Mother was certainly happier with this year...as our lives have to turn and turn to begin to align with our hearts...and this year...the turn was especially near to aligning. Some long day from now...the tree with eventually go...and the decorations...I will scatter to the eight children. I was celebrating for my Mother, who loved this time of year so much. She had a violent and very impoverished childhood...and she had always wanted to reclaim those should have been happy times with replacement memories of happy times with us. *Hugs* I know how difficult this stuff is...detangling yourself from traditions but trying your best to keep Loving relationships with family.

    ReplyDelete